Swisher has sweet treats planned for weekend festival fun. The beer tent, mechanical bull and DJ music begin at 5 p.m. Friday, followed by a human foosball tournament and kids’ tractor pull at 7 p.m. The Twang Gang will play from 8 p.m. to midnight. Then get up bright and early Saturday for a 5K at 7:30 p.m. and kids’ fun run at 8:30 a.m. The parade begins at 10 a.m. Activities continue with bags and horseshoe tournaments, food and drink, kids’ zone, petting zoo, music at 6 p.m., Lonesome Road from 8 p.m. to midnight and fireworks at dusk.
Swisher Fun Days
5 p.m. to midnight Friday (7/26) and 7:30 a.m. to midnight Saturday (7/27), Swisher; free admission; Facebook.com/events/557318238113581/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Resigned University of Iowa diversity head telecommuting, can job hunt ‘during working hours’
- Over capacity: Some University of Iowa students temporarily living in lounges
- Cedar Rapids woman sentenced to 10 years for distributing meth
- Cedar Rapids nears acquiring land for signature ‘Smokestack Bridge’
- Linn County Auditor Joel Miller concerned about security of voter registration database
- 4 Downs with Iowa’s receivers: Outback Bowl was a preview on post-NFL tight end life