Head to Prairiewoods this weekend to experience live performances, workshops and more for Native American-style flutes, as well as eco-spirituality and green living. This festival blends a passion for soothing flute sounds and the connection between nature, mind, body and spirit. Workshops range from drum circles and yoga to beginning flute for all ages, guided meditations, rock painting, dance, beginning stained glass and other crafts. Live performances all three days feature musicians and dance, ending with a blessing of the animals at 3 p.m. Sunday.
Sweetgrass Flute & Nature Festival
5 to 9 p.m. Friday (9/27), 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday (9/28) and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday (9/29), Prairiewoods, 120 E. Boyson Rd., Hiawatha; various prices; Sweetgrassfest.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Andrew Yang: It’s time to rewrite the rules of this economy
- Leader of Linn County’s planned mental health center wants to create a better future for Iowans
- Tate Crane rescues No. 3 Iowa City West boys’ basketball at Linn-Mar
- Democratic hopefuls link arms on MLK Day to show unity
- Iowa high school boys’ basketball rankings: Massive upheaval in Class 3A
- Bargains Galore Thrift Store and More buys in bulk