As the sun sets through a forecast of clear skies Friday night, the bluegrass band that helped Steve Martin and Martin Short open the new Hancher Auditorium will return for a free outdoor concert on Hancher’s green grass. Honoring bluegrass traditions but committed to its present and future as well, the Steep Canyon Rangers will have audience members of all ages up and dancing in this event designed to welcome students back to campus — and the community to Hancher’s front yard. Bring chairs, jackets, blankets and picnics or purchase dinner and beverages from food trucks stationed in Hancher’s parking lot.
Steep Canyon Rangers
7 p.m. Friday (9/14), Hancher Green, 131 E. Park Rd., Iowa City; free admission; Hancher.uiowa.edu/2018-19/SCanyonRangers
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- John Waters ‘ripped off’ at NewBo festival, among many still owed money after GO Cedar Rapids folded
- Linn-Mar teacher sexually abused teen, parents’ lawsuit alleges
- Iowa defense sees a different challenge in Maryland
- Reynolds, Hubbell debate Trump tariffs, responsibility for sexual harassment in Iowa government
- With coach on medical leave, inspired Mount Vernon wins regional volleyball opener
- MedPharm Iowa unveils new medical marijuana products