Where’s the beef? It’s all around Solon this weekend. Grab a rib-eye steak dinner hot off the grill and wash it down with the brew of your choice, then maybe let it settle before you hop on the carnival rides. Unlimited wristband rides are $20 Friday and Saturday nights. Beef up your arms for Friday’s popular hay ball toss at 7 p.m. or hoof it over to Saturday’s 5K or 1-mile fun run at 7:30 a.m. Lasso more fun with games, tournaments and kids’ activities after Saturday’s 10 a.m. parade. And get moovin’ and groovin’ to music both days.
Solon Beef Days
4 p.m. Friday (7/19) to 12:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Saturday (7/20) to 12:30 a.m., downtown Solon; Beefdays.com/2019-schedule-of-events/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football preseason rankings: Western Dubuque, Waukon start No. 1 in 3A, 2A
- Hiawatha woman accused of stealing $70,000 from employer
- 4 Downs with Iowa’s special teams: The Hawkeyes will probably spring some ‘trickeration’
- At sentencing, sex abuse victim says Iowa City man ‘tormented and obliterated’ her
- Waukon football's expectations run higher after state semifinal trip
- Ethanol waivers ‘clear violation’ of commitments to farmers: Gov. Reynolds, Ag Sec. Naig