See the Civil War era spring to life as Union and Confederate forces go to battle. Meet President Lincoln and Annie Wittenmyer, first president of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union. Experience the sensory explosion of roaring canons, infantry drills and artillery demonstrations. Camp closes to the public at 4 p.m. Saturday, but reopens for music from 7 to 9 p.m., followed by a cannon night fire. Return Sunday for church at 9 a.m., followed by more re-enactment action.
Reflections of the Civil War
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday (7/13) and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday (7/14), Seminole Valley Farm Museum, 1400 Seminole Valley Rd. NE, Cedar Rapids; $5, free ages 12 and under; Seminolevalleyfarmmuseum.net/reflections-of-the-civil-war.html
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa 1A state wrestling finals: Cael Happel wins fourth title, Aidan Noonan denies Adam Allard
- Iowa 2A state wrestling finals: Solon crowns 2 champions for first time
- Iowa 3A state wrestling finals: Ben Kueter wins battle of freshmen, Iowa City West goes 3-for-3
- Photos: 2020 Iowa high school wrestling state wrestling championships
- Iowa high school state wrestling finals 2020: Complete results, highlights, team scores and more
- CPU shoots 53 percent, bombs Western Dubuque in girls' basketball regionals