Join the men and women of the 1860s as they relive the Civil War in full regalia. Watch as the Union and Confederate forces go to drills and battles both days. Meet President Lincoln, attend a ladies’ tea and visit with the soldiers and their wives. Camp closes at 4 p.m. Saturday, but come back at 7 p.m. for music, followed by cannons roaring their blasts from the past at dark. Church begins at 9 a.m. Sunday.
Reflections of the Civil War
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday (7/14) and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday (7/15), Seminole Valley Farm Museum, 1400 Seminole Valley Rd. NE, Cedar Rapids; $5, free ages 12 and under; Seminolevalleyfarmmuseum.net
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Sheriff’s office: West Liberty man kidnapped woman from Iowa City bar, sexually assaulted her, and left her in a cornfield
- Iowa high school football: Checking the district races, and projecting the playoffs
- Fact Checker: Blum largely right that Finkenauer envisions big health care changes
- So many ex-Hawkeyes in NFL exceeding others’ expectations
- Iowa State fined by Big 12 for field storming after West Virginia upset
- Quick-thinking father and son save choking Tipton woman