Join the men and women of the 1860s as they relive the Civil War in full regalia. Watch as the Union and Confederate forces go to drills and battles both days. Meet President Lincoln, attend a ladies’ tea and visit with the soldiers and their wives. Camp closes at 4 p.m. Saturday, but come back at 7 p.m. for music, followed by cannons roaring their blasts from the past at dark. Church begins at 9 a.m. Sunday.
Reflections of the Civil War
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday (7/14) and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday (7/15), Seminole Valley Farm Museum, 1400 Seminole Valley Rd. NE, Cedar Rapids; $5, free ages 12 and under; Seminolevalleyfarmmuseum.net
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- City of Cedar Rapids placing HESCO barriers today for 18.6-foot flood projection overnight Monday into Tuesday
- Iowa vs. Cincinnati: Tipoff time, TV channel announced for NCAA tournament game
- $2 million project set to improve traffic safety around Mount Vernon Road Hy-Vee
- NCAA tournament bracket: Iowa is a No. 10-seed, Iowa State gets No. 6-seed
- The online world of breast milk sharing
- County leaders to lawmakers on mental health: We can do better