Orchestra Iowa presents a Masterworks concert full of blaring brasses, featuring “Reflections on the Mississippi,” a tuba concerto by Cedar Rapids native and Grammy Award-winning composer Michael Daugherty. The work will showcase the orchestra’s principal tuba player, Blaine Cunningham. Also on the program are Enescu’s “Romanian Rhapsody No. 1” and Tchaikovsky’s explosive Symphony No. 4.
Orchestra Iowa: Reflections
Coralville: 7:30 p.m. Friday (10/18) Coralville Center for the Performing Arts, 1301 Fifth St.; $18 to $38
Cedar Rapids: 7:30 p.m. Saturday (10/19) Paramount Theatre, 123 Third Ave. SE; $16 to $56
Tickets: Ages 17 and under free with paying adult, college students $10 at the Paramount Ticket Office, 119 Third Ave. SE, phone (319) 366-8203; adult tickets also available at Artsiowa.com/tickets/concerts/reflections/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa reports highest single-day increase in coronavirus cases since May 1
- Iowa courts to start face-to-face services next week
- Big Ten cuts non-conference football games for 2020
- Kal Goodchild is back coaching, back at Benton Community
- University of Iowa to spend $1 million cleaning up protest graffiti, archiving it along the way
- Racism is a public health crisis that needs immediate action, Linn County Board of Health declares