Orchestra Iowa presents a Masterworks concert full of blaring brasses, featuring “Reflections on the Mississippi,” a tuba concerto by Cedar Rapids native and Grammy Award-winning composer Michael Daugherty. The work will showcase the orchestra’s principal tuba player, Blaine Cunningham. Also on the program are Enescu’s “Romanian Rhapsody No. 1” and Tchaikovsky’s explosive Symphony No. 4.
Orchestra Iowa: Reflections
Coralville: 7:30 p.m. Friday (10/18) Coralville Center for the Performing Arts, 1301 Fifth St.; $18 to $38
Cedar Rapids: 7:30 p.m. Saturday (10/19) Paramount Theatre, 123 Third Ave. SE; $16 to $56
Tickets: Ages 17 and under free with paying adult, college students $10 at the Paramount Ticket Office, 119 Third Ave. SE, phone (319) 366-8203; adult tickets also available at Artsiowa.com/tickets/concerts/reflections/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Pete Buttigieg scores Iowa endorsements following Democratic presidential debate
- Iowa high school state football championships: TV, live stream, predictions for Friday's games
- No ‘mansplaining’ necessary
- Former Collins employee sues over sexual harassment and assault
- Western Dubuque downs Solon for Class 3A state football championship
- Iowa high school state football championships: TV, live stream, predictions for Thursday's games