Follow the Yellow Brick Road into the Paramount Theatre this weekend to hear “The Wizard of Oz” like you’ve never heard it before. Orchestra Iowa will provide the musical soundtrack to the timeless Technicolor classic. Hearing Judy Garland’s original 1939 studio recordings, backed by live orchestration, will transport moviegoers of all ages over the rainbow and into Oz. The Oscar-winning film will be shown on the big screen in a place that’s no place like home.
Orchestra Iowa Pops: “The Wizard of Oz”
7:30 p.m. Friday (10/25) and Saturday (10/26), Paramount Theatre, 123 Third Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids; $18 to $59, 50 percent discount for college students and students ages 17 and under; Paramount Ticket Office, (319) 366-8203 or Artsiowa.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Tempers flare between Hogg, Vanorny and others during Cedar Rapids Council discussion on Cargill rail yard
- Former office manager will plead guilty in 13-year embezzlement scheme at Iowa City Area Development Group
- Joe Biden planning 8-day Iowa ‘No Malarkey’ bus tour
- Eastern Iowa men charged with illegally shooting trumpeter swan
- Iowa women's basketball outlasts Princeton with overtime comeback
- Years in the making, YMCA breaks ground in Marion