Heritage Days launches today with Family Night activities and fireworks at Kernoustie Golf Club. The weekend action then moves uptown, featuring the return of a carnival with rides, games and food. Other activities range from live performances and a car show to a beer tent and street vendors. Friday’s highlights include “Mount Vernon Has Talent” at 6:30 p.m., movie night at the pool at 9 p.m. and music by Lonesome Road at 9 p.m. Saturday begins with a 5K run at 8 a.m., and the “Hawaiian Luau” parade begins at 11 a.m.
Mount Vernon Heritage Days
5:30 to 9 p.m. today (7/11), 8 a.m. to midnight Friday (7/12), 8 a.m. to midnight Saturday (7/13), uptown Mount Vernon; free admission; Visitmvl.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- School board member regrets tweeting that Prairie High show choir performance was sexist
- Luka Garza worked on Joe Toussaint’s psyche before both worked over Rutgers
- Iowa men's basketball holds off late Rutgers rally for fourth-straight win
- CRST, Swift Transportation continue legal battle over alleged truck driver poaching
- Pier 1 Imports in Coralville to close
- Chew on This: Kathy’s Pies taking over Kettel House Bakery & Cafe