Heritage Days launches today with Family Night activities and fireworks at Kernoustie Golf Club. The weekend action then moves uptown, featuring the return of a carnival with rides, games and food. Other activities range from live performances and a car show to a beer tent and street vendors. Friday’s highlights include “Mount Vernon Has Talent” at 6:30 p.m., movie night at the pool at 9 p.m. and music by Lonesome Road at 9 p.m. Saturday begins with a 5K run at 8 a.m., and the “Hawaiian Luau” parade begins at 11 a.m.
Mount Vernon Heritage Days
5:30 to 9 p.m. today (7/11), 8 a.m. to midnight Friday (7/12), 8 a.m. to midnight Saturday (7/13), uptown Mount Vernon; free admission; Visitmvl.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Down 2 sets, Western Dubuque rallies to upset No. 2 Xavier in state volleyball quarterfinals
- Elizabeth Warren first choice in new poll, but most Iowa caucusgoers undecided
- Marion’s Delaney Rice provides her own headache for North Scott at state volleyball
- Iowa high school state volleyball tournament: Tuesday's scores, highlights and match recaps
- A grieving family gets its wish: Prison for men in deadly burglary that ended 18-year-old Cedar Rapids woman’s life
- College Community buying 155 acres near Prairie High