With a parade theme of “Country-Western,” this year’s festival includes old-fashioned carnival games, street vendors and sporting competitions, as well as entertainment, bingo and a beer tent. Activities get underway tonight (7/12) at Kernoustie Country Club, with a “mini-Olympics” for kids, family fun night and fireworks. Most of the activities move uptown Friday and Saturday. Musical highlights include the Community Band, Mount Vernon Has Talent and Crazy Delicious on Friday night, with Mississippi String Band and Lonesome Road on Saturday night. And the big parade winds through town at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Mount Vernon Heritage Days
5:30 p.m. to dark today (7/12), 8 a.m. to midnight Friday (7/13), 8 a.m. to midnight Saturday (7/14), uptown Mount Vernon; free admission; Visitmvl.com/event/heritage-days-festival-2018/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Sheriff’s office: West Liberty man kidnapped woman from Iowa City bar, sexually assaulted her, and left her in a cornfield
- Iowa high school football: Checking the district races, and projecting the playoffs
- Fact Checker: Blum largely right that Finkenauer envisions big health care changes
- So many ex-Hawkeyes in NFL exceeding others’ expectations
- Iowa State fined by Big 12 for field storming after West Virginia upset
- Quick-thinking father and son save choking Tipton woman