After brunch, treat Mom to a stroll through more than 68,000 plants bursting in a kaleidoscope of colors in the Noelridge Greenhouse complex. But that’s not all. The annual showcase also features educational exhibits turning the spotlight on bonsai, beekeeping, orchids, pollinators and butterflies. Forget to buy Mom a gift? Bring along some green of your own to shop through an assortment of professionally designed hanging baskets, coleus plants, glass birdbaths and birdfeeders, cactus cocktails, succulent sundaes and handcrafted cards available for sale. Bonus: Everyone will receive a free butterfly milkweed plant to take home — while supplies last.
Mother’s Day Showcase
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday (5/13), Noelridge Greenhouse, 4900 Council St. NE, Cedar Rapids; free admission; (319) 286-5762
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Illinois schooled by old-school Luka Garza and Iowa
- Research: Large number of CAFOs in Western Iowa increases nitrate in streams
- Iowa women’s basketball makes it a Sunday sweep of Illinois
- Hawkeyes win a 3-for-all vs. Illinois, 95-71
- Comfort Suites hotel in Coralville sold
- Transparency on the rocks in Iowa Senate?