Fred Rogers once said: “There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.” A School’s Out program, titled “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood,” will celebrate everything Mister Rogers. The Cedar Rapids Public Library is holding this free family program for all ages. Participants will see snippets from his iconic show, “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood,” sing some of his treasured songs and read his poems. Afterward, they can head back to their own neighborhood with a keepsake oozing love and kindness.
Mister Rogers Celebration
11 a.m. to noon Wednesday (11/27), Downtown Cedar Rapids Public Library, 450 Fifth Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids; free; Crlibrary.org
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Complaint: Man forcibly fondled 18-year-old woman at Kirkwood Court apartment in Cedar Rapids
- Iowa student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Jordan Bohannon’s season finale could be Thursday at Iowa State
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Gazette area scores, stats and more (Dec. 10, 2019)
- Iowa’s family planning service use plummets 85 percent after switch to new program
- Linn-Mar girls' basketball makes the final push, edges Cedar Rapids Washington