Experience the mischief and magic of the Renaissance at the site where history and literature come alive. All ages are welcome to visit with the King and Queen and wander among jugglers and pirates, against a background of live Renaissance music. Listen to “Shakespeare from the rafters” while a sword fight runs through the Commons. Attend Pirate Comedy Hour, make a pirate hat or learn calligraphy. Festivities begin with the Grand Procession of Royalty and Scalawags at 10 a.m. in the Commons, with more activities there, as well as in Whipple and Beems auditoriums, the Children’s Library and on the Mezzanine.
Mid-Winter Renaissance Faire
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (1/12), Cedar Rapids Public Library, 450 Fifth Ave. SE; free
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Stat Pak: The Hawkeyes’ art of staying with it
- Iowa City woman killed in I-80 chain-reaction crash Friday in Coralville
- Cedar Rapids man robbed 3 at gunpoint Friday, police said
- Over 2,000 fetal remains found at ex-abortion doctor’s home in Illinois
- For Hawkeyes, a lot added up to 1-point win in Cy-Hawk Game
- Coe football records big win over Cornell in rare Sunday game