Experience the mischief and magic of the Renaissance at the site where history and literature come alive. All ages are welcome to visit with the King and Queen and wander among jugglers and pirates, against a background of live Renaissance music. Listen to “Shakespeare from the rafters” while a sword fight runs through the Commons. Attend Pirate Comedy Hour, make a pirate hat or learn calligraphy. Festivities begin with the Grand Procession of Royalty and Scalawags at 10 a.m. in the Commons, with more activities there, as well as in Whipple and Beems auditoriums, the Children’s Library and on the Mezzanine.
Mid-Winter Renaissance Faire
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (1/12), Cedar Rapids Public Library, 450 Fifth Ave. SE; free
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football schedule 2019: Early look at opponents, point spread predictions and more
- Iowa volleyball coach Bond Shymansky fired for giving student-athlete ‘impermissible benefit’
- Oliver Martin's first steps with Iowa football
- Tornadoes damage homes in southeast Iowa
- Eastern Iowa high school softball Super 10 rankings: June 19, 2019
- Iowa County supervisor receives deferred judgment for drunken driving