Experience the mischief and magic of the Renaissance at the site where history and literature come alive. All ages are welcome to visit with the King and Queen and wander among jugglers and pirates, against a background of live Renaissance music. Listen to “Shakespeare from the rafters” while a sword fight runs through the Commons. Attend Pirate Comedy Hour, make a pirate hat or learn calligraphy. Festivities begin with the Grand Procession of Royalty and Scalawags at 10 a.m. in the Commons, with more activities there, as well as in Whipple and Beems auditoriums, the Children’s Library and on the Mezzanine.
Mid-Winter Renaissance Faire
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (1/12), Cedar Rapids Public Library, 450 Fifth Ave. SE; free
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Jones Golf Course back to full strength — for now
- Q&A: Iowa making plans for hemp farming by 2020
- Search underway for swimmer after possible drowning at Palisades-Kepler State Park Saturday
- Photos: 2019 Johnson County Fair began Sunday
- Capitol Ideas: Democrats’ health care debate crucial and likely here to stay
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy's Kaylin Kinney: Grade-A superstar with Type-1 diabetes