Experience the mischief and magic of the Renaissance at the site where history and literature come alive. All ages are welcome to visit with the King and Queen and wander among jugglers and pirates, against a background of live Renaissance music. Listen to “Shakespeare from the rafters” while a sword fight runs through the Commons. Attend Pirate Comedy Hour, make a pirate hat or learn calligraphy. Festivities begin with the Grand Procession of Royalty and Scalawags at 10 a.m. in the Commons, with more activities there, as well as in Whipple and Beems auditoriums, the Children’s Library and on the Mezzanine.
Mid-Winter Renaissance Faire
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (1/12), Cedar Rapids Public Library, 450 Fifth Ave. SE; free
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa men's basketball is 2 NCAA wins from program facelift
- Body found in Iowa City car fire on Gilbert Court
- United States jury rules against Bayer in Roundup cancer case
- National Popular Vote Interstate Compact offers a way to bypass the electoral college
- Recovered from 2 knee injuries, Tania Davis leads Iowa into NCAA Tournament
- Iowa’s Spencer Lee on familiar NCAA wrestling path