Sept. 19, 1981. More than 500,000 music fans flocked to Central Park to witness the legendary reunion of folk duo Simon & Garfunkel. Award-winning recording artists Lee Lessack and Johnny Rodgers will recreate that night at the Paramount, in a Cedar Rapids Community Concert Association performance. Audiences will hear all the masterpieces, including “Mrs. Robinson,” “Homeward Bound,” “Scarborough Fair,” “Bridge Over Troubled Waters” and “The Sound of Silence.” Billboard magazine calls Lessack’s baritone vocals “cabaret romanticism of a high order.” Rodgers, music director/piano man for Liza Minnelli, also slides behind the mic.
Live in Central Park [Revisited]
7:30 p.m. Monday (3/12), Paramount Theatre, 123 Third Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids; series subscription or $25 general admission, Crcommunityconcert.org
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Iowa high school football 2018: Area district predictions
- Shaken and frustrated: Cedar Valley Townhomes residents seek answers over big brawl
- Political data site likes Democrats’ chances to take House
- Woodshed, IA 52242
- Prep volleyball 2018: Area players to watch
- Teens, local artist debut ‘Coexist’ mural