The annual Linn County Mayors’ Bike Ride is more than just a free ride through Cedar Rapids. It’s also an educational opportunity to showcase the continued need and development for multimodal transportation networks in Linn County. And it allows elected officials to directly interact with constituents interested in trail development. All levels of riders are welcome, from social to avid cyclists. All participants must wear a helmet. Riders can choose from an 8.5 mile route winding through all four quadrants, or a 2.5 mile route, both beginning and ending at the Ellis Park Pool parking lot.
Linn County Mayors’ Bike Ride
9 a.m. registration, 10 a.m. ride, Monday (9/3), Ellis Park Pool, 2000 Ellis Blvd. NW, Cedar Rapids; free, Linncountytrails.org/mayorsbikeride/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Wisconsin 28, Iowa 17: Second-and-5 and left the door open
- Against Wisconsin, Iowa coulda, shoulda, didn’t
- Highlights: Iowa football falls to No. 16 Wisconsin in final minute
- Unsung quarterback Alex Hornibrook comes up big for Wisconsin at Iowa
- Game Report, Iowa vs. Wisconsin: Numbers, notes, grades and more
- Iowa College Aid Report: College trends hindering workforce training