Renowned journalist Cokie Roberts, named a “Living Legend” by the Library of Congress in 2008, is one of the most esteemed broadcast journalists of our time. She is a New York Times best-selling author, trusted historian on women in America, and a sought-after political commentator. As the daughter of U.S. Representatives, Roberts grew up in and around the U.S. Capitol. In her Hancher presentation, titled “An Insider’s View of Washington, D.C.,” she will offer her perspective on the goings-on there. This event is free and unticketed, presented by Hancher, the University of Iowa College of Law and the UI Lecture Committee.
Lecture: Cokie Roberts
7:30 p.m. Wednesday (9/12), Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., Iowa City; free admission; Hancher.uiowa.edu/2018-19/CokieRoberts
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Girls’ basketball all-conference selections
- Parents urge man who killed their son in Greene Square dispute to change his life
- Mayor: Cedar Rapids residents want speed cameras
- Panel adds another $10M to University of Iowa Children’s Hospital bill
- Tesla lawyer exits two months after start
- Iowa City running low on salt