Kalona’s Historical Village will spring to life this weekend with Old World demonstrations, including rug weaving, spinning, quilting, broom making and wood carving; farm displays; home cooking; arts and crafts; museum displays; kids’ activities; and antique tractors. Sample various wines from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. And head to the stage both days for music, including Cedar County Cobras at 7 p.m. Friday, then on Saturday, a carving auction at 2 p.m., followed by a talent contest at 2:30 p.m.
Kalona Fall Festival
9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday (9/27) and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (9/28), Historical Village, 715 d Ave., Kalona; buttons $6 adults, $2 ages 7 to 12; Kalonaiowa.org
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football projected playoff pairings, with 2 weeks to go
- 'It's going to be packed': Biggest game in MFL MarMac football history awaits
- Mount Vernon volleyball has found a new gear
- Iowa Bicycle Coalition first major group to snub RAGBRAI for new Iowa’s Ride
- 3A No. 1 Clear Creek Amana wins first Wamac boys’ cross country title
- Schedule released for Rivalry Saturday 2019 in Cedar Rapids