Kalona’s Historical Village will spring to life this weekend with Old World demonstrations, including rug weaving, spinning, quilting, broom making and wood carving; farm displays; home cooking; arts and crafts; museum displays; kids’ activities; and antique tractors. Sample various wines from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. And head to the stage both days for music, including Cedar County Cobras at 7 p.m. Friday, then on Saturday, a carving auction at 2 p.m., followed by a talent contest at 2:30 p.m.
Kalona Fall Festival
9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday (9/27) and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (9/28), Historical Village, 715 d Ave., Kalona; buttons $6 adults, $2 ages 7 to 12; Kalonaiowa.org
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Andrew Yang: It’s time to rewrite the rules of this economy
- Leader of Linn County’s planned mental health center wants to create a better future for Iowans
- Tate Crane rescues No. 3 Iowa City West boys’ basketball at Linn-Mar
- Democratic hopefuls link arms on MLK Day to show unity
- Iowa high school boys’ basketball rankings: Massive upheaval in Class 3A
- Bargains Galore Thrift Store and More buys in bulk