Gather ye lads and lasses and head to Medici Grove (otherwise known as Middle Amana Park) for the 27th reunion of Celtic clans, sprawling over two weekends. Comedy, swordplay, music, magic and horseback jousting will abound. If coins are weighing down yer pouches, empty them at the marketplace or fill yer bellies at the royal food court — and if yer olde enough, swig some honey mead. But beware the Pirates of the Caribbean docking June 2 and 3.
Iowa Renaissance Festival & Gathering o’ Celts
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (5/26) to Monday (5/28) and June 2 & 3, Middle Amana Park, 27th Avenue and H Street; $12 adults, $6 kids, free ages 5 and under; passes available; Iowarenfest.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Watch Replay: GO Cedar Rapids executives discuss how newbo evolve lost $2.3M
- Body of Mollie Tibbetts believed found, News Conference at 4 p.m. today
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics replacing Java House
- Mollie Tibbetts Timeline: What we know so far
- Iowa offensive line: Tristan Wirfs is not afraid to throw down
- Iowa defensive line: A.J. Epenesa wears his heart on his shoulder