Music from Dirt Road Rockers and a movie launch this weekend’s Hiawatha Fun Fest on Friday night at Guthridge Park. Saturday features a 5K run, pancake breakfast, food and beverage vendors, activities and contests for all ages. The parade winds through town from 11 a.m. to noon. Admission is free to all the events, from the rock wall and inflatables to the bungee and zip line. Entertainment begins at noon Saturday, with dancers, gymnasts, jugglers, arts performances and the Past Masters band from 6 to 9 p.m. The bang-up ending brings fireworks at dusk.
Hiawatha Fun Fest
6 to 11 p.m. Friday (8/24) and 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Saturday (8/25), Guthridge Park, 704 Emmons St., Hiawatha; free admission; Hiawatha-iowa.com/news/hiawatha-fun-fest-2018/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- C.R. looks to redesign its city flag after it is dubbed one of the ‘worst’ in the nation
- No beating the buzzer this time for Hawkeyes
- Man found shot in vehicle near Franklin Middle School
- Dyersville Beckman wins the tempo battle, but North Linn wins the game
- The ABCs of C’mon Already: Will this trying winter ever end?
- Baylor dominates boards, dumps Iowa State, 73-69