In the spirit of the season, Ushers Ferry Historic Village is offering hayrack rides, cocoa around a bonfire and crafts on four Wednesdays. Select village buildings will be open until sunset, and popcorn and sarsaparilla will be sold at the saloon. “Sunset Pumpkins” is for families with little ones (big kids welcome, too) and Night Owls is for families with later bedtimes. Registration is available but not required.
Harvest Hayrack Nights
Sunset Pumpkins, 5 to 6:30 p.m.; Night Owls, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 12, 26, Oct. 10, 24; Ushers Ferry Historic Village, 5925 Seminole Valley Trl. NE, Cedar Rapids; $9.50 adults, $6.25 ages 3 to 14 free 2 and under; registration at (319) 286-5566; details Cedar-rapids.org/residents/parks_and_recreation/ushers_ferry_historic_village.php
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa schools might get reprieve on making up snow days
- Iowa radio announcer Gary Dolphin suspended for rest of basketball season
- Major flooding three times more likely in Cedar Rapids this spring, National Weather Service reports
- In Iowa City stop, Hawaii presidential hopeful pitches legal marijuana, Medicare for all
- Poll: Cedar Rapids Mayor Brad Hart says residents want speed cameras, do you?
- One spot for every three children: The child care shortage of Iowa Falls hurts workforce growth