In the spirit of the season, Ushers Ferry Historic Village is offering hayrack rides, cocoa around a bonfire and crafts on four Wednesdays. Select village buildings will be open until sunset, and popcorn and sarsaparilla will be sold at the saloon. “Sunset Pumpkins” is for families with little ones (big kids welcome, too) and Night Owls is for families with later bedtimes. Registration is available but not required.
Harvest Hayrack Nights
Sunset Pumpkins, 5 to 6:30 p.m.; Night Owls, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 12, 26, Oct. 10, 24; Ushers Ferry Historic Village, 5925 Seminole Valley Trl. NE, Cedar Rapids; $9.50 adults, $6.25 ages 3 to 14 free 2 and under; registration at (319) 286-5566; details Cedar-rapids.org/residents/parks_and_recreation/ushers_ferry_historic_village.php
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa State football vs. Akron: Predictions, How to watch
- Iowa high school football roundup: Week 5 area scores, stats and more
- Central City proves it, knocks off 9th-ranked Turkey Valley, 56-42
- Iowa City man accused of repeatedly sexually abusing young girl
- Independence gets a rare football win over archrival West Delaware
- Marion rallies to stun Center Point-Urbana on the road