Jason Petty brings to life Hank Williams’ music and story in his one-man show, Hank Williams: The Lonesome Tour. Petty plays acoustic guitar and within an intimate setting, uses wit and wisdom to tell the story of one of country music’s greatest legends. Audiences will hear all the hits, from “Your Cheatin’ Heart,” “Hey Good Lookin’” and “Move it on Over” to “I Saw the Light” and more. A central Tennessee farm boy and Opryland alum, Petty started as an actor and has grown into a singer, songwriter, director and playwright.
Hank Williams: The Lonesome Tour
2 p.m. Saturday (8/24), Old Creamery Theatre, 39 38th Ave., Amana; $30.50 adults, $20 students, Old Creamery Box Office, (319) 622-6262 or Oldcreamery.com/shows-and-tickets/2019-special-events/hank-williams-tribute/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Busch Light-Children’s Hospital campaign now pushing for $2 million raised
- C.R. man charged with murder picks up new drug charges
- Iowa farmer guilty of corn rake murder
- Vietnam vet discovers mystery in old footlocker
- C.R. man charged with sex exploitation of children, connected to Philippines livestreaming investigation
- Marion City Council candidates to address residents’ questions at forum