Jason Petty brings to life Hank Williams’ music and story in his one-man show, Hank Williams: The Lonesome Tour. Petty plays acoustic guitar and within an intimate setting, uses wit and wisdom to tell the story of one of country music’s greatest legends. Audiences will hear all the hits, from “Your Cheatin’ Heart,” “Hey Good Lookin’” and “Move it on Over” to “I Saw the Light” and more. A central Tennessee farm boy and Opryland alum, Petty started as an actor and has grown into a singer, songwriter, director and playwright.
Hank Williams: The Lonesome Tour
2 p.m. Saturday (8/24), Old Creamery Theatre, 39 38th Ave., Amana; $30.50 adults, $20 students, Old Creamery Box Office, (319) 622-6262 or Oldcreamery.com/shows-and-tickets/2019-special-events/hank-williams-tribute/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Two new Kwik Star convenience stores planned for Cedar Rapids
- New owner hopes to keep Tommy's Restaurant in Cedar Rapids going strong
- Subs Cordell Pemsl, Bakari Evelyn help Iowa basketball torpedo Ohio State
- From coach to official: Mark Kenny gets new perspective at Iowa state wrestling tournament
- Live: Michelle Martinko murder trial for suspect Jerry Burns, Day 8
- Cedar Rapids doubles down on ‘aggressive’ approach to economic development