The Great Plains Puppet Train is pulling into West Liberty for a four-day festival of workshops, dinners, parties and public performances. Activities begin tonight (9/13) with a show and party. Friday features workshops, performances and a puppet slam. Saturday’s events roll into the West Liberty Children’s Festival, with five puppet performances, street food and activities, and a street dance with a mariachi band. One final show will be held Sunday morning. Puppeteers are coming from as far afield as Turkey, Mexico, Georgia and Colorado. Performances are open to the public; workshops and specials are open to festival participants.
Great Plains Puppet Train
Today (9/13) to Sunday (9/16), various sites in downtown West Liberty; most public puppet shows $6 to $10; Greatplainspuppettrain.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Stat Pak: Let's run some Iowa passing game numbers
- Football coaching hall of famer Bob Thurness dies
- Iowa City Animal Care and Adoption Center welcomes new coordinator
- Iowa football math: 2 tight ends = looser defenses
- Kirkwood educator: Alt-right defies uneducated stereotype
- Hawkeyes break into Top 25 following victory over Indiana