A Celtic storm’s a-brewin’ as the party band from “The Titanic” returns to the Englert. After two decades and more than 2,000 shows, the band attributes its continued success to its diversified crowd. Country-music fans adore the storytelling; bluegrass fans love the instrumentals; Celtic fans cheer the devotion to tradition; and rockers relish the band’s passion. Gaelic Storm kicked off its career as a pub band in Santa Monica, Calif., in the mid-1990s, and has found fame in film, festivals, touring and recording. The latest release, “Go Climb a Tree,” offers a mix of party, poppy and pirate tunes.
8 p.m. today (3/7), Englert Theatre, 221 E. Washington St., Iowa City; $36.50, Englert Box Office, (319) 688-2653 or Englert.org/events/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa women's basketball bounces back in a big way against Wisconsin
- 5 minutes of faith and ferocity carry Iowa men's basketball to win at Minnesota
- Iowa men's basketball at Minnesota: Box score, highlights, live updates recap
- Most Iowa boys' basketball coaches seem to like having seeding control in postseason
- Big Ten is deep end of this year’s college basketball pool
- Photos: Iowa women’s basketball vs. Wisconsin