The Cedar Rapids Museum of Art needs help in saying goodbye to the animals in the exhibition, “If We Ran the Zoo: Animals in Children’s Book Illustrations.” The main-floor exhibit closes Sunday (1/13), but on Saturday, the museum is becoming a zoo of sorts, hosting a reptile party. Wickiup Hill Outdoor Learning Center is bringing to the museum live snakes and turtles native to Iowa. Party participants are invited to not only develop an awareness and admiration for nature’s scaly critters, but find out more about Wickiup Hill’s mission to help save the world’s reptiles.
For Goodness Snakes!
1 to 3 p.m. Saturday (1/12), Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, 410 Third Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids; free, no registration needed; Crma.org/Event/Detail/1575/For-Goodness-Snakes-with-Wickiup-Outdoor-Learning-Center.aspx
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Stat Pak: The Hawkeyes’ art of staying with it
- Iowa City woman killed in I-80 chain-reaction crash Friday in Coralville
- Cedar Rapids man robbed 3 at gunpoint Friday, police said
- Over 2,000 fetal remains found at ex-abortion doctor’s home in Illinois
- For Hawkeyes, a lot added up to 1-point win in Cy-Hawk Game
- Coe football records big win over Cornell in rare Sunday game