The Cedar Rapids Museum of Art needs help in saying goodbye to the animals in the exhibition, “If We Ran the Zoo: Animals in Children’s Book Illustrations.” The main-floor exhibit closes Sunday (1/13), but on Saturday, the museum is becoming a zoo of sorts, hosting a reptile party. Wickiup Hill Outdoor Learning Center is bringing to the museum live snakes and turtles native to Iowa. Party participants are invited to not only develop an awareness and admiration for nature’s scaly critters, but find out more about Wickiup Hill’s mission to help save the world’s reptiles.
For Goodness Snakes!
1 to 3 p.m. Saturday (1/12), Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, 410 Third Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids; free, no registration needed; Crma.org/Event/Detail/1575/For-Goodness-Snakes-with-Wickiup-Outdoor-Learning-Center.aspx
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Weinacht appointed as Cedar Rapids mayor pro tem
- What it would cost to replace ‘hostile’ benches on Iowa City Ped Mall
- Kirk Ferentz deals with Iowa's NFL early departures and the NCAA transfer portal
- Eastern Iowa braces for another round of snow
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy downs Linn-Mar in MVC Valley Division wrestling clash
- Iowa women's basketball handles Michigan, moves into 2nd-place tie in Big Ten