The Cedar Rapids Museum of Art needs help in saying goodbye to the animals in the exhibition, “If We Ran the Zoo: Animals in Children’s Book Illustrations.” The main-floor exhibit closes Sunday (1/13), but on Saturday, the museum is becoming a zoo of sorts, hosting a reptile party. Wickiup Hill Outdoor Learning Center is bringing to the museum live snakes and turtles native to Iowa. Party participants are invited to not only develop an awareness and admiration for nature’s scaly critters, but find out more about Wickiup Hill’s mission to help save the world’s reptiles.
For Goodness Snakes!
1 to 3 p.m. Saturday (1/12), Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, 410 Third Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids; free, no registration needed; Crma.org/Event/Detail/1575/For-Goodness-Snakes-with-Wickiup-Outdoor-Learning-Center.aspx
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football schedule 2019: Early look at opponents, point spread predictions and more
- Iowa volleyball coach Bond Shymansky fired for giving student-athlete ‘impermissible benefit’
- Oliver Martin's first steps with Iowa football
- Tornadoes damage homes in southeast Iowa
- Eastern Iowa high school softball Super 10 rankings: June 19, 2019
- Iowa County supervisor receives deferred judgment for drunken driving