A mini replica of the Berlin Wall, the centerpiece of the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library’s outdoor public art installation, “Revolution Starts in the Streets,” opened April 27 on the south lawn. It’s time tear down that wall — on the 30th anniversary of the Nov. 9, 1989, fall of the real Berlin Wall. The teardown ceremony begins with remarks at 3:30 p.m. at the wall, weather-permitting, followed by refreshments in the Grand Hall. Then boogie over to the nearby Lion Bridge Brewing Co., 59 16th Ave. SW, for an ’80s themed dance party at 5:30 p.m.
Fall of the Wall
3:30 p.m. Saturday (11/9), National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library, 1400 Inspiration Place SW, Cedar Rapids; free
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Five months after Carson King, Busch donation yet unfulfilled
- Iowa City student housing project gets OK for 15 stories
- Emails: Iowa State doubted Hawkeye Marching Band allegations early
- Ohio State-Iowa men's basketball glance: Time, TV, live stream, team data
- Iowa high school wrestling state duals 2020: Final scores and more
- Team effort produces Williamsburg's first state duals finals appearance