The 26th annual Fairfax USA Days is celebrating “home sweet home,” with two days of festivities. Friday highlights include Lonesome Road playing from 8 p.m. to midnight on the stage behind the Fairfax Legion, and the movie “The Sandlot” from 9:15 to 10:45 p.m. at the Linn Street Sports Complex (bring chairs). Saturday’s fun begins with breakfast at 7 a.m. at the Legion post, a 5K at 8 a.m., fireman’s picnic from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., 11:30 a.m. parade, street market, kids’ free carnival, music, bingo, games and a fireworks finale at 9:30 p.m. at the Sports Complex.
Fairfax USA Days
6 p.m. to midnight Friday (6/22) and 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. fireworks Saturday (6/23), Fairfax; Thebankhere.com/usadays
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids’ indoor football franchise solicits fan submissions for new team name, logo, colors
- Iowa defensive line: A.J. Epenesa wears his heart on his shoulder
- Cedar Rapids woman smoked marijuana before fatal crash, authorities say
- Iowa offensive line: Tristan Wirfs is not afraid to throw down
- Prestige Dance Studio debuts Marion venue
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics picks new CEO