It’s time to get going while the growing is good, to scoop summer’s bounty at the Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market. The time is ripe for apples, melons, raspberries, green beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, greens, herbs and more. But that’s not all you’ll find as you stroll nearly 200 vendor booths. Flowers, meat, wine, cheese and artisan gifts produced by Iowans also beckon shoppers, as well as local entertainment. Get your blood pumping with some Jazzercise at 9 a.m. in Greene Square, then catch the Sidewinders in action from 10 a.m. to noon on Second Avenue and the Dancer’s Edge from 10:30 to 11 a.m. in Greene Square.
Downtown Farmers Market
7:30 a.m. to noon Saturday (8/17), downtown Cedar Rapids; Cedarrapids.org/events/farmers-market
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Busch Light-Children’s Hospital campaign now pushing for $2 million raised
- C.R. man charged with murder picks up new drug charges
- Iowa farmer guilty of corn rake murder
- Vietnam vet discovers mystery in old footlocker
- C.R. man charged with sex exploitation of children, connected to Philippines livestreaming investigation
- Marion City Council candidates to address residents’ questions at forum