It’s time to get going while the growing is good, to scoop summer’s bounty at the Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market. The time is ripe for apples, melons, raspberries, green beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, greens, herbs and more. But that’s not all you’ll find as you stroll nearly 200 vendor booths. Flowers, meat, wine, cheese and artisan gifts produced by Iowans also beckon shoppers, as well as local entertainment. Get your blood pumping with some Jazzercise at 9 a.m. in Greene Square, then catch the Sidewinders in action from 10 a.m. to noon on Second Avenue and the Dancer’s Edge from 10:30 to 11 a.m. in Greene Square.
Downtown Farmers Market
7:30 a.m. to noon Saturday (8/17), downtown Cedar Rapids; Cedarrapids.org/events/farmers-market
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Iowa High School Girls State Wrestling
- As Iowa girls’ state wrestling grows, Millie Peach becomes event’s first 3-time champ
- Iowa City Liberty boys’ basketball hasn't played much, but remains perfect
- Iowa Lottery officials: 50,106 Iowa players win prizes in Mega Millions drawing
- Iowa State women’s basketball has 4-game winning streak snapped by Texas
- Former Iowa City mayor makes history as first Black chair of Iowa Democratic Party