It’s time to get going while the growing is good, to scoop summer’s bounty at the Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market. The time is ripe for apples, melons, raspberries, green beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, greens, herbs and more. But that’s not all you’ll find as you stroll nearly 200 vendor booths. Flowers, meat, wine, cheese and artisan gifts produced by Iowans also beckon shoppers, as well as local entertainment. Get your blood pumping with some Jazzercise at 9 a.m. in Greene Square, then catch the Sidewinders in action from 10 a.m. to noon on Second Avenue and the Dancer’s Edge from 10:30 to 11 a.m. in Greene Square.
Downtown Farmers Market
7:30 a.m. to noon Saturday (8/17), downtown Cedar Rapids; Cedarrapids.org/events/farmers-market
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz: ‘Change will begin with us’
- Iowa high school softball preseason rankings: North Linn is No. 1 in Class 2A
- Arson and a Molotov cocktail — police investigating two incidents of property damage
- ‘I had a blast’: High school baseball teams in Iowa embrace precautions in return to practice
- Reopened Riverside Casino sees ‘brisk’ traffic on first day back open
- Motorcycle vs. semi wreck kills one on I-380, police say