As summer begins slipping into fall, it’s time for the season finale of the Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market. Saturday morning is your last chance to shop, drop and stroll through nearly 200 vendor booths, meet your friends, enjoy Josh Payne on the main stage at 9 a.m. and street musicians throughout the venue. Then work off your breakfast burrito with Jazzercise at 9:30 a.m. Kids can get revved up for the market, too, by racing remote-control cars. And be sure to bring your bags to haul home seasonal produce, from potatoes and beets to apples, eggplant and all the colors in the edible rainbow.
Downtown Farmers Market
7:30 a.m. to noon Saturday (9/1), downtown Cedar Rapids; free admission; Cedarrapids.org/events/farmers-market
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Girls’ basketball all-conference selections
- Parents urge man who killed their son in Greene Square dispute to change his life
- Mayor: Cedar Rapids residents want speed cameras
- Panel adds another $10M to University of Iowa Children’s Hospital bill
- Tesla lawyer exits two months after start
- Iowa City running low on salt