As summer begins slipping into fall, it’s time for the season finale of the Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market. Saturday morning is your last chance to shop, drop and stroll through nearly 200 vendor booths, meet your friends, enjoy Josh Payne on the main stage at 9 a.m. and street musicians throughout the venue. Then work off your breakfast burrito with Jazzercise at 9:30 a.m. Kids can get revved up for the market, too, by racing remote-control cars. And be sure to bring your bags to haul home seasonal produce, from potatoes and beets to apples, eggplant and all the colors in the edible rainbow.
Downtown Farmers Market
7:30 a.m. to noon Saturday (9/1), downtown Cedar Rapids; free admission; Cedarrapids.org/events/farmers-market
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Marion man cited for animal abuse after severely injuring rescue dog
- Killing on the course: Death of acclaimed ISU golfer ‘senseless’
- Judge revokes probation for man with 67 no-contact violations
- Iowa-Wisconsin might be the Big Ten West championship game
- At 95, Cedar Rapids man struggles to walk but trikes everyday
- Fast-paced as ever, West Delaware sweeps Marion