Cirque Italia is setting sail for Coralville, transforming a 35,000-gallon water stage into a large ship for this year’s water circus experience. Audiences will see artists from around the globe perform feats of contortion, magic, archery, aerial elegance and the Wheel of Death. Each act will sport a theme from various Italian ports of call, with, for example, the stop in Venice featuring Venetian masks. New this year are Bellagio-style fountains under the huge blue and white tent.
7:30 p.m. today (8/1) and Friday (8/2); 1:30, 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday (8/3); 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. Sunday (8/4); near the Dillard’s parking lot, Coral Ridge Mall, 1451 Coral Ridge Ave., Coralville; $10 to $40, (941) 704-8572 or Cirqueitalia.com/tickets
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Procter and Gamble in Iowa City, Nordstrom center in Cedar Rapids employees test positive for COVID-19
- Reynolds says grim coronavirus projection for Iowa flawed
- One person killed, three injured, after head-on collision near Atkins
- University of Iowa seeking plasma of recovered COVID-19 patients, looking at new treatments
- Iowa commits Keegan and Kris Murray hit home run at DME Sports Academy
- Watch: Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds' coronavirus update for Wednesday, April 1