An actor, comedian and social media superstar, Australian Celeste Barber has found fame as “a real mom” on Instagram — by parodying celebrity photographs. She recreates celebrity Instagram pics, magazine photos and product ads to highlight how far they fall from her reality. In her live show experience, she explains the story behind some of her most famous images; her new relationship with famous people; and the stalkers, fans and comments that get under her skin. She also discusses the pitfalls of being married to a husband hotter than she is, and what it’s like to be an Anti-Influencer.
8 p.m. Saturday (11/17), Englert Theatre, 221 E. Washington St., Iowa City; $25, Englert Box Office, (319) 688-2653 or Englert.org/event/celeste-barber/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Too much Tyler Cook (and Hawkeyes) spoils the broth for UNI
- West Delaware opens eyes with impressive Battle of Waterloo showing
- Trade group pushes voluntary cybersecurity standard
- Rainbow Trout come to town tempting anglers
- UNI’s offense bottoms out in Hy-Vee Classic loss to Iowa
- One step closer to space tourism