Before we start gobbling down turkey and trimmings, runners and walkers will be lacing up their shoes and hitting the streets of Cedar Rapids for a morning 5K walk/run trot. Kids ages 8 and under get a 15-minute head start for their free dash. It’s not too late to get your heart and lungs pumping. A last-minute on-site packet pick up will be held from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at Plaza Park on the Second Avenue Bridge downtown, where the course begins and ends — and finish line cinnamon rolls await. Proceeds benefit the American Heart and Stroke associations.
Cedar Rapids Turkey Trot
9 to 10:20 a.m. Thursday (11/22), Plaza Park, Second Avenue Bridge, downtown Cedar Rapids; $30 to $50, Iowaruns.com/cedarrapidsturkeytrot
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- North Liberty man convicted in second murder-for-hire plot
- Checking in with Iowa quarterbacks coach Ken O’Keefe
- Bourbon Creek Smokehouse latest venture by Butcher Block, Riley's group
- Iowa Chamber group presses for training workers, keeping tax credits
- FBI warns of economic and other espionage from China, which seeks to upend US’ lead
- Kirkwood comeback falls short against Southeastern men’s basketball, 75-63