Before we start gobbling down turkey and trimmings, runners and walkers will be lacing up their shoes and hitting the streets of Cedar Rapids for a morning 5K walk/run trot. Kids ages 8 and under get a 15-minute head start for their free dash. It’s not too late to get your heart and lungs pumping. A last-minute on-site packet pick up will be held from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at Plaza Park on the Second Avenue Bridge downtown, where the course begins and ends — and finish line cinnamon rolls await. Proceeds benefit the American Heart and Stroke associations.
Cedar Rapids Turkey Trot
9 to 10:20 a.m. Thursday (11/22), Plaza Park, Second Avenue Bridge, downtown Cedar Rapids; $30 to $50, Iowaruns.com/cedarrapidsturkeytrot
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- In Iowa City stop, Hawaii presidential hopeful pitches legal marijuana, Medicare for all
- Poll: Cedar Rapids Mayor Brad Hart says residents want speed cameras, do you?
- Girls’ basketball all-conference selections
- One spot for every three children: The child care shortage of Iowa Falls hurts workforce growth
- Hoosiers upset No. 10 Hawkeyes
- Romeo Langford comes to Iowa for (not his) money game