Before we start gobbling down turkey and trimmings, runners and walkers will be lacing up their shoes and hitting the streets of Cedar Rapids for a morning 5K walk/run trot. Kids ages 8 and under get a 15-minute head start for their free dash. It’s not too late to get your heart and lungs pumping. A last-minute on-site packet pick up will be held from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at Plaza Park on the Second Avenue Bridge downtown, where the course begins and ends — and finish line cinnamon rolls await. Proceeds benefit the American Heart and Stroke associations.
Cedar Rapids Turkey Trot
9 to 10:20 a.m. Thursday (11/22), Plaza Park, Second Avenue Bridge, downtown Cedar Rapids; $30 to $50, Iowaruns.com/cedarrapidsturkeytrot
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Behind Tyler Andrews, Cedar Rapids Kennedy boys' basketball upends 3A No. 10 Xavier
- Maquoketa slugs out win over West Delaware in battle of 2nd, 3rd-ranked teams in Class 3A
- Signature win moves Cedar Rapids Washington girls' basketball to 7-0
- She swiped her co-worker’s Coke can. Police say it cracked a 28-year-old murder case.
- Living up to expectations: Iowa basketball tames Catamounts, 78-60
- Iowa football recruiting 2019: Big O-linemen, tight ends, yep, it's a Hawkeye recruiting class