With the flip of a switch Saturday night, Greene Square will light up in holiday style. The city’s Christmas tree lighting ceremony begins at 5:30 p.m., but more family-friendly festivities get underway even earlier. Children’s activities launch at the Public Library at 4 p.m., then continue with a story time in the park at 5 p.m., followed by music from the Sweet Adelines. Admission is free, but in the spirit of the season, the Cedar Rapids Parks & Recreation Department will be collecting donations of new, unwrapped toys and books for Toys for Tots.
Cedar Rapids Christmas Tree Lighting
5:30 to 5:45 p.m. Saturday (11/24), Greene Square, 400 Fourth Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids; free; activities begin at 4 p.m.; Facebook.com/events/364014947669121/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school boys' basketball rankings: A new No. 1 in Class 2A
- Johnson County cities to get updated bicycle master plan
- Cedar Rapids Police Department looking for four theft suspects
- Most private college presidents in Iowa earn under national average
- Armed robbery suspect arrested after brief standoff
- After Chapter 20 changes, Clear Creek Amana contract slimmed