Time to pull on your elastic-waist pants, grab a bib and some wetnaps, and eat your way from the Deep South to the Midwest. It’s BBQ Roundup time this weekend, and cooks from South Carolina, Texas, Ohio and Florida will be tempting your taste buds as they show off their finger-lickin’ cuisine. Also on the menu are daily themes, live music and activities for all ages. Check online for special events, meal deals and lunch hour shuttles.
11 a.m. to 10 p.m. today (6/20), 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday (6/21) and Saturday (6/22), 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday (6/23), McGrath Amphitheatre, 475 First St. SW, Cedar Rapids; $3 or free with Freedom Festival button; Mcgrathamphitheatre.com/bbq-roundup/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- After surrendering an early TD, Western Dubuque’s defense turns it on in 3A championship game
- No ‘mansplaining’ necessary
- Western Dubuque downs Solon for Class 3A state football championship
- Photos: 3A Championship Solon Spartans vs. Western Dubuque Bobcats
- Giant Garza, jet Toussaint help Iowa roll to win over North Florida
- Execution for Iowa mass killer Dustin Honken on hold