Time to pull on your elastic-waist pants, grab a bib and some wetnaps, and eat your way from the Deep South to the Midwest. It’s BBQ Roundup time this weekend, and cooks from South Carolina, Texas, Ohio and Florida will be tempting your taste buds as they show off their finger-lickin’ cuisine. Also on the menu are daily themes, live music and activities for all ages. Check online for special events, meal deals and lunch hour shuttles.
11 a.m. to 10 p.m. today (6/20), 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday (6/21) and Saturday (6/22), 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday (6/23), McGrath Amphitheatre, 475 First St. SW, Cedar Rapids; $3 or free with Freedom Festival button; Mcgrathamphitheatre.com/bbq-roundup/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Take a look inside the new Fleet Farm in Cedar Rapids
- Iowa State unveils plans for entertainment district between Jack Trice Stadium and Hilton Coliseum
- University of Iowa student dies while studying in Portugal
- Iowa marching band subjected to ‘inappropriate’ actions in Ames, university says
- Blue Bunny’s owner buys Halo Top
- Megan Gustafson's basketball whirlwind continues in Europe