The night sky will be aglow when tethered hot-air balloons get fired up at the Sinclair Levee in the NewBo District. Gates open at 5 p.m. for this Freedom Festival signature event which draws 15,000 to 20,000 spectators. Local rock star Alisabeth Von Presley will light up the stage with high-energy music. Food and drink vendors will be on-site, but coolers are allowed; pets, smoking, fireworks and sparklers are not. Beat the traffic by hopping a shuttle at Kingston Stadium, Lot 44 or White Star Alehouse and Eastbank Lounge downtown. Rain date: June 27.
6 to 10 p.m. Tuesday (6/25), Sinclair Levee, 1430 Second St. SE, Cedar Rapids; $5 Freedom Festival button, free ages 8 and under; Freedomfestival.com/events/balloon-glow/3/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Watching ‘South Park’ while driving leads to arrest for Iowa City man
- ‘Meth. We’re on it,’ says South Dakota in ridiculed ad campaign that cost $449,000
- Iowa’s path to Big Ten West success not getting smoother
- Iowa Hawkeyes enter the emotional zone of senior day and goodbyes
- Cedar Rapids man arrested after hit-and-run involving stolen vehicle
- Iowa State men’s basketball beats Southern Miss despite more shooting woes