This free family festival showcases the flair, fusion and flavor of Asian cultures. Visitors can experience everything from cuisine and a kids’ zone to a concert celebrating the diversity woven through the fabric of the Midwest. Host is Jenny Valliere, Miss Iowa USA and a Z102.9 radio personality. Cultural performances begin at noon, with Bollywood dancing, traditional singing and martial arts. Explore nearly a dozen countries in the Villages, highlighting the customs, language, clothing and interactive activities that make each Asian culture unique, from China and India to Nepal and Thailand. Traditional and contemporary fashions will hit the runway in the evening.
Noon to 8 p.m. Saturday (7/20), McGrath Amphitheatre, 475 First St. SW, Cedar Rapids; free admission; Asianfest.org
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids police seek help to identify suspects in several home invasions
- Devin Nunes’ family files $25 million lawsuit against reporter over Iowa dairy farm article
- Former Iowa men’s basketball coach Todd Lickliter named head coach at Evansville
- Man faces vehicular homicide charges in hit-and-run wreck that killed one, seriously injured another
- Iowa finds an experienced offensive tackle via grad transfer
- Iowa men’s basketball: Third-straight Top 25 team visits Carver, and it’s Rutgers!?