This free family festival showcases the flair, fusion and flavor of Asian cultures. Visitors can experience everything from cuisine and a kids’ zone to a concert celebrating the diversity woven through the fabric of the Midwest. Host is Jenny Valliere, Miss Iowa USA and a Z102.9 radio personality. Cultural performances begin at noon, with Bollywood dancing, traditional singing and martial arts. Explore nearly a dozen countries in the Villages, highlighting the customs, language, clothing and interactive activities that make each Asian culture unique, from China and India to Nepal and Thailand. Traditional and contemporary fashions will hit the runway in the evening.
Noon to 8 p.m. Saturday (7/20), McGrath Amphitheatre, 475 First St. SW, Cedar Rapids; free admission; Asianfest.org
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- U.S. Rep. Abby Finkenauer married Saturday
- Cedar Rapids woman charged with attempted murder after alleged stabbings
- 10 questions as Iowa high school football practice begins this week
- Hills Bros Conoco in SE Cedar Rapids robbed at gunpoint
- Fact Checker: Ad about ‘death tax’ harming Iowa farms mostly false
- Iowa coronavirus toll adds 630 cases, 5 more deaths