Marion will honor its heritage and its Revolutionary War-hero namesake, Francis “Swamp Fox” Marion, during this weekend’s 30th annual celebration. Activities will be staged around the city, mostly at City Square Park in Uptown Marion, Lowe Park on North 10th Street and Thomas Park on Marion Boulevard. Highlights: Friday: magician/comedian Ben Ulin, 6:30 p.m., Klopfenstein Amphitheater in Lowe Park. Saturday: Uptown: morning 10K, 5K and kids’ mile walk/run, fall market, parade at 9:30 p.m., bicycle tour; Lowe Park: grass volleyball tournament, 5 p.m. family activities with games, food, music by The Spazmatics and fireworks. Sunday: car show, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thomas Park.
30th Swamp Fox Festival
Friday (9/27) to Sunday (9/29), Marion’s City Square Park, Lowe Park, Thomas Park; Cityofmarion.org/departments/parks-recreation/events/swamp-fox-festival
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Andrew Yang: It’s time to rewrite the rules of this economy
- Leader of Linn County’s planned mental health center wants to create a better future for Iowans
- Tate Crane rescues No. 3 Iowa City West boys’ basketball at Linn-Mar
- Democratic hopefuls link arms on MLK Day to show unity
- Iowa high school boys’ basketball rankings: Massive upheaval in Class 3A
- Bargains Galore Thrift Store and More buys in bulk