Marion will honor its heritage and its Revolutionary War-hero namesake, Francis “Swamp Fox” Marion, during this weekend’s 30th annual celebration. Activities will be staged around the city, mostly at City Square Park in Uptown Marion, Lowe Park on North 10th Street and Thomas Park on Marion Boulevard. Highlights: Friday: magician/comedian Ben Ulin, 6:30 p.m., Klopfenstein Amphitheater in Lowe Park. Saturday: Uptown: morning 10K, 5K and kids’ mile walk/run, fall market, parade at 9:30 p.m., bicycle tour; Lowe Park: grass volleyball tournament, 5 p.m. family activities with games, food, music by The Spazmatics and fireworks. Sunday: car show, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thomas Park.
30th Swamp Fox Festival
Friday (9/27) to Sunday (9/29), Marion’s City Square Park, Lowe Park, Thomas Park; Cityofmarion.org/departments/parks-recreation/events/swamp-fox-festival
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football projected playoff pairings, with 2 weeks to go
- 'It's going to be packed': Biggest game in MFL MarMac football history awaits
- Mount Vernon volleyball has found a new gear
- Iowa Bicycle Coalition first major group to snub RAGBRAI for new Iowa’s Ride
- 3A No. 1 Clear Creek Amana wins first Wamac boys’ cross country title
- Schedule released for Rivalry Saturday 2019 in Cedar Rapids