Marion Metro Kiwanis Club’s eighth annual barbecue festival is on the move, to its new location in Lowe Park. The event features multiple award-winning barbecue vendors serving up ribs, sandwiches, nachos; non-barbecue food and beer will be available, too. Tickets will be available on-site for food and beverage purchases. Also in the lineup are kids’ activities and music from Kevin “B.F.” Burt from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Lonesome Road from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m., and Damon Dotson Music from 6 to 9 p.m. Proceeds benefit the Miracle Field at Prospect Meadows youth ball complex in Linn County.
Marion BBQ Rendezvous
11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday (6/2), Lowe Park Amphitheatre, 5006 N. 10th St., Marion; free admission; Facebook.com/marion.bbq.rendezvous/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- ‘We need help’: After brawl at apartment complex, residents plead to Cedar Rapids officials
- Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators highlight five possible points of interest
- Police investigating after SUV struck a 14-year-old boy and drove away
- Video of officer shooting Burlington mother must be public, judge rules
- Marion man convicted of trafficking large quantities of meth
- Iowa City High has enthusiasm necessary for bounce-back season