Marion Metro Kiwanis Club’s eighth annual barbecue festival is on the move, to its new location in Lowe Park. The event features multiple award-winning barbecue vendors serving up ribs, sandwiches, nachos; non-barbecue food and beer will be available, too. Tickets will be available on-site for food and beverage purchases. Also in the lineup are kids’ activities and music from Kevin “B.F.” Burt from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Lonesome Road from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m., and Damon Dotson Music from 6 to 9 p.m. Proceeds benefit the Miracle Field at Prospect Meadows youth ball complex in Linn County.
Marion BBQ Rendezvous
11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday (6/2), Lowe Park Amphitheatre, 5006 N. 10th St., Marion; free admission; Facebook.com/marion.bbq.rendezvous/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- As government shutdown looms, Sen. Joni Ernst not backing down on ‘Make ’em Squeal’ campaign
- Iowa high school boys' basketball rankings: A new No. 1 in Class 2A
- Armed robbery suspect arrested after brief standoff
- Two men arrested after shooting at Cedar Rapids apartment building
- 3 state executives leaving Kim Reynolds’ new administration
- Iowa City schools closing Roosevelt education center