Consistently named among the top tier of juried art events nationwide, this event presents 50 artists, offering fine art and fine craft to an audience of 12,000 — rain or shine. The day begins with a 5K run/walk at 8 p.m. The focus then turns to the art booths; the Empty Bowl Project, where area students have created 1,000 bowls to raise funds for area food banks; Art in the Depot activities; the Emerging Artists Program showcasing the work of young artists, mentored and selling alongside the juried artists; and specialty foods to enhance the “fine art and flip-flops” vibe.
Marion Arts Festival
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (5/19), City Square Park, 1001 Seventh Ave., Marion; free admission; Marionartsfestival.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Oatmeal, breakfast foods contain unsafe amounts of weed killer
- Creative architect behind ‘newbo evolve’ fired
- Preseason Iowa high school football rankings: Defending champion Xavier leads the pack in 3A
- Crisp Cedar Rapids opens in NewBo City Market
- Brawl instigated by outsiders, residents of SW Cedar Rapids apartment complex say
- The Swarm at Kinnick no Iowa fan will ever forget