Consistently named among the top tier of juried art events nationwide, this event presents 50 artists, offering fine art and fine craft to an audience of 12,000 — rain or shine. The day begins with a 5K run/walk at 8 p.m. The focus then turns to the art booths; the Empty Bowl Project, where area students have created 1,000 bowls to raise funds for area food banks; Art in the Depot activities; the Emerging Artists Program showcasing the work of young artists, mentored and selling alongside the juried artists; and specialty foods to enhance the “fine art and flip-flops” vibe.
Marion Arts Festival
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (5/19), City Square Park, 1001 Seventh Ave., Marion; free admission; Marionartsfestival.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- She swiped her co-worker’s Coke can. Police say it cracked a 28-year-old murder case.
- Sport hijabs help Iowa City junior high girls focus on the game
- Iowa officials ‘nailed it’ at D-III football championship game
- Iowa high school boys’ basketball rankings: New No. 1s in Class 2A, 4A
- Iowa football recruiting 2019: Big O-linemen, tight ends, yep, it's a Hawkeye recruiting class
- State negotiators offer 1 percent annual raise to union employees