Festival season is springing up in the historic Amana Colonies this weekend, German style. Saturday activities begin at 10 a.m. with a parade through Amana, followed by the World on Wheels Food Truck Fare dishing up ethnic cuisine from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. — including Amana treats. Head to the Festhalle Barn for live music, dance groups and artwork by local artists, as well as rock music by Dogs on Skis from 6:30 to 11 p.m. Sunday’s highlight is the Wine/Beer/Chocolate walk from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Maipole dancers will perform at various sites around Amana both days, and shops and restaurants will feature heaping helpings of Old World charm.
Saturday (5/5) and Sunday (5/6), Amana Colonies; Festivalsinamana.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Iowa high school football 2018: Area district predictions
- Shaken and frustrated: Cedar Valley Townhomes residents seek answers over big brawl
- Prep volleyball 2018: Area players to watch
- Woodshed, IA 52242
- Teens, local artist debut ‘Coexist’ mural
- Marion Police chief discusses his strategic five-year plan for the police department