Festival season is springing up in the historic Amana Colonies this weekend, German style. Saturday activities begin at 10 a.m. with a parade through Amana, followed by the World on Wheels Food Truck Fare dishing up ethnic cuisine from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. — including Amana treats. Head to the Festhalle Barn for live music, dance groups and artwork by local artists, as well as rock music by Dogs on Skis from 6:30 to 11 p.m. Sunday’s highlight is the Wine/Beer/Chocolate walk from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Maipole dancers will perform at various sites around Amana both days, and shops and restaurants will feature heaping helpings of Old World charm.
Saturday (5/5) and Sunday (5/6), Amana Colonies; Festivalsinamana.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Interactive: Explore shots-fired reports in Cedar Rapids from 2014 - 2018
- Snow emergency declared for Cedar Rapids
- Jury awards Boone County landowner $250,000 in Dakota Access pipeline lawsuit
- Kirk Ferentz deals with Iowa's NFL early departures and the NCAA transfer portal
- Gunfire incidents in Cedar Rapids in 2018 climb to highest in years
- What it would cost to replace ‘hostile’ benches on Iowa City Ped Mall