Mighty morel mushrooms aren’t the only stars of this weekend festival. Music, royalty, carnival, a parade, puppets, dancers, street vendors, food and more join the elusive delicacy in the spotlight. The 41st annual celebration takes over Czech Village, with vendors stretching across the Bridge of Lions, from 16th Avenue SE to C Street SW. Festivities get underway Friday night and continue through Sunday. Highlights include a parade from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, houby contests, maypole dancing, and the crowning of the Cedar Rapids Czech Prince and Princess.
5 to 10 p.m. Friday (5/18), 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday (5/19), 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday (5/20), Czech Village, 16th Avenue SW, Cedar Rapids; free admission; Czechvillagecedarrapids.com/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Oatmeal, breakfast foods contain unsafe amounts of weed killer
- Crisp Cedar Rapids opens in NewBo City Market
- The greatest comeback in Iowa football history
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy shakes up coaching duties with playoff hunt in mind
- The Swarm at Kinnick no Iowa fan will ever forget
- Missing Mollie Tibbetts ‘on the hearts of every American,’ Pence says