Lisbon’s old Lincoln Highway will be filled with the tangy aroma of brats and sauerkraut this weekend, along with rides, carnival games, music at the Kraut Tent and main stage, bingo, bathtub races, street dances and family fun. Highlights: today (8/16), free ice cream social, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., fireworks at dusk, both at Lisbon School; Friday (8/17), festival king and queen crowning, 6:15 p.m., main stage, street dance with Large Midgets at 9 p.m.; Saturday (8/18), 5K run, 8 a.m., City Park, parade at 10:30 a.m., street dance with the Danny Whitson Band, 9 p.m.
Lisbon Sauerkraut Days
5 to dusk today (8/16), 1 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday (8/17), 7:15 a.m. to after 9 p.m. Saturday (8/18), Lisbon; Sauerkrautdays.com/events/event-schedule/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Wisconsin 28, Iowa 17: Second-and-5 and left the door open
- Against Wisconsin, Iowa coulda, shoulda, didn’t
- Highlights: Iowa football falls to No. 16 Wisconsin in final minute
- Unsung quarterback Alex Hornibrook comes up big for Wisconsin at Iowa
- Game Report, Iowa vs. Wisconsin: Numbers, notes, grades and more
- Energy giants join coalition to slow climate change