Lisbon’s old Lincoln Highway will be filled with the tangy aroma of brats and sauerkraut this weekend, along with rides, carnival games, music at the Kraut Tent and main stage, bingo, bathtub races, street dances and family fun. Highlights: today (8/16), free ice cream social, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., fireworks at dusk, both at Lisbon School; Friday (8/17), festival king and queen crowning, 6:15 p.m., main stage, street dance with Large Midgets at 9 p.m.; Saturday (8/18), 5K run, 8 a.m., City Park, parade at 10:30 a.m., street dance with the Danny Whitson Band, 9 p.m.
Lisbon Sauerkraut Days
5 to dusk today (8/16), 1 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday (8/17), 7:15 a.m. to after 9 p.m. Saturday (8/18), Lisbon; Sauerkrautdays.com/events/event-schedule/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Parents urge man who killed their son in Greene Square dispute to change his life
- Tesla lawyer exits two months after start
- Panel adds another $10M to University of Iowa Children’s Hospital bill
- Girls’ basketball all-conference selections
- Iowa City running low on salt
- Iowa’s youngest legislators form Future Caucus