For more than 40 years, the Cedar Boat Club has been setting the sky ablaze above the Cedar River at Ellis Park, with its fireworks extravaganza. The show begins at dusk, but come early to stake your claim for viewing from the riverbanks. The streets around the park typically close at 7 p.m. Bring your seating and picnics, but leave your personal fireworks at home. Looking for some entertainment beforehand? The Five Seasons Ski Team will be performing its award-winning daredevil jumps, barefoot pyramids and giant pyramids at 7 p.m., and again on July 4 and 5.
Fireworks on the River
9:30 to 10:30 p.m. Tuesday (7/3), Cedar River at Ellis Park, 2021 Ellis Blvd. NW, Cedar Rapids; free
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa quarterbacks: Is Nate Stanley a first-round NFL draft pick?
- Iowa City man shoots himself, ultimately arrested for felony gun possession
- ‘Rickmobile’ from Adult Swim’s “Rick and Morty” to roll into C.R.
- Phil Hemingway nominated as Republican candidate for Johnson County Board of Supervisors
- Iowa City Liberty’s first varsity football team wants to rally around community
- When Michigan got Iowa'd