For more than 40 years, the Cedar Boat Club has been setting the sky ablaze above the Cedar River at Ellis Park, with its fireworks extravaganza. The show begins at dusk, but come early to stake your claim for viewing from the riverbanks. The streets around the park typically close at 7 p.m. Bring your seating and picnics, but leave your personal fireworks at home. Looking for some entertainment beforehand? The Five Seasons Ski Team will be performing its award-winning daredevil jumps, barefoot pyramids and giant pyramids at 7 p.m., and again on July 4 and 5.
Fireworks on the River
9:30 to 10:30 p.m. Tuesday (7/3), Cedar River at Ellis Park, 2021 Ellis Blvd. NW, Cedar Rapids; free
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Linn-Mar takes down No. 1 Iowa City West
- Mick McCurry’s 3-point play with 3 seconds left lifts Washington over Kennedy in overtime
- Akacia Brown’s work on the boards sends Xavier to its first loss
- Iowa vs. UNI is the true Iowa men's basketball game
- University of Iowa fraternity ordered pledges into alcohol-fueled ‘gauntlet’
- Joe Ahmann's $120 million plan at Highway 100