The Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market season is off and running, with about 15,700 shoppers perusing the produce, enjoying the entertainment and other offerings filling the heart of downtown on May 26. The market is back this week, too, launching its regular rotation of the first and third Saturday morning of the month, through Sept. 1. More than 200 Iowa vendors will be selling their wares, from food and flowers to arts and crafts, wine and meats. (Expect to find lots of greens this month.) Activities abound for the younger set, too, with face painting, balloons and remote control car races.
Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market
7:30 a.m. to noon Saturday (6/2), downtown Cedar Rapids; free admission; Cedarrapids.org/events/farmers-market
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Linn-Mar takes down No. 1 Iowa City West
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Dec. 14 area scores, stats and more
- Mick McCurry’s 3-point play with 3 seconds left lifts Washington over Kennedy in overtime
- University of Iowa fraternity ordered pledges into alcohol-fueled ‘gauntlet’
- Joe Ahmann's $120 million plan at Highway 100
- Akacia Brown’s work on the boards sends Xavier to its first loss