Downtown Cedar Rapids is the place to be Saturday, celebrating the growing season with 14,000 of your closest friends. More than 200 Iowa vendors will display their wares, from homegrown produce and fruit to flowers, meat, wine and artisan gifts. Bring bags to tote home your finds, or head to the Information Booth to borrow a cart to wheel your purchases to your vehicle. Pets are allowed, but not recommended, because of the crowds and weather. Entertainment/activities begin at 8 a.m. with yoga in the park and the Eastern Iowa Arts Academy on the main stage, followed by music and demonstrations throughout the morning.
Downtown Farmers Market
7:30 a.m. to noon Saturday (7/7), downtown Cedar Rapids; free admission; Cedarrapids.org/events/farmers-market
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids council extols proposed downtown hotels as game changer
- To get Noah Fant the ball, he has to be on the field
- Developer plans 55-acre project near Fountains
- Not postmarked, new ballots won’t help call close Iowa House race
- Matt Campbell was flexible, so Iowa State football didn't break
- Gov. Reynolds: Steve King must decide if his comments represent ‘values” of Iowa 4th District