Downtown Cedar Rapids is the place to be Saturday, celebrating the growing season with 14,000 of your closest friends. More than 200 Iowa vendors will display their wares, from homegrown produce and fruit to flowers, meat, wine and artisan gifts. Bring bags to tote home your finds, or head to the Information Booth to borrow a cart to wheel your purchases to your vehicle. Pets are allowed, but not recommended, because of the crowds and weather. Entertainment/activities begin at 8 a.m. with yoga in the park and the Eastern Iowa Arts Academy on the main stage, followed by music and demonstrations throughout the morning.
Downtown Farmers Market
7:30 a.m. to noon Saturday (7/7), downtown Cedar Rapids; free admission; Cedarrapids.org/events/farmers-market
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- UI Labor Center director passionate about worker rights
- Illicit massage crackdown in Cedar Rapids raises questions
- Iowa's offense was pretty new in 2017, so, yeah, it got pinned a few times
- Stolen vehicle catches fire in southeast Cedar Rapids
- This wasn't the 'fun' Iowa-Syracuse game, this was the Orange crushing
- Cyclists hit the road for RAGBRAI: Follow along online — I’ll do the pedalling