It’s time to strike up the band for a summer of marches, show tunes, classics and more as the city’s professional band begins its season in Greene Square. Concerts continue Wednesday and Sunday evenings in area parks, with additional dates and sites tucked in. Guest ensembles will open several concerts, beginning with the Cedar Rapids Youth Wind Ensemble this week. Other guests include the New Horizons Band, June 10, Bever Park; Marion Community Band, June 13, Marion’s Lowe Park; and the Coe College Touring Bands, Aug. 5, Bever Park. Bring seating, picnics and the whole family.
Cedar Rapids Municipal Band
6:30 p.m. Cedar Rapids Youth Wind Ensemble, 7:30 p.m. Municipal Band, Wednesday (6/6), Greene Square, downtown Cedar Rapids; free; Crmuniband.org
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Body of Mollie Tibbetts believed found, News Conference at 4 p.m. today
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics replacing Java House
- Iowa offensive line: Tristan Wirfs is not afraid to throw down
- Iowa defensive line: A.J. Epenesa wears his heart on his shoulder
- 15-story complex gets another consideration by Iowa City Council following new conditions
- Cedar Rapids woman smoked marijuana before fatal crash, authorities say