116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
What: No. 6 Purdue (5-3 Big Ten, 16-3 overall) at Iowa (4-4, 14-5)
When/where: Thursday, 8:01 p.m., Carver-Hawkeye Arena
TV: FS1 (Kevin Kugler/Nick Bahe)
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Series: Purdue leads, 93-77
Previous meeting: Purdue won 77-70 at home on Dec. 3.
1. These are the Big Ten’s two top scoring teams. Purdue averages 84.7 points, Iowa 83.1.
2. Iowa and Purdue are the only two Big Ten schools that have had their football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball programs ranked No. 1 in the nation at some point in the history of the Associated Press polls. The others are Auburn, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. Iowa’s three No. 1s came between 1985 and 1988.
3. Through Tuesday’s games, Purdue was fourth in the nation in field goal percentage at .501 and fifth in 3-point percentage at .401, and was first in both among major-conference teams. Boilermaker 7-foot-4 center Zach Edey leads the nation in field goal percentage at .709.
4. The Hawkeyes are 0-3 against ranked teams. They were 8-5 last season.
5. Boilermaker senior forward Trevion Williams had 13 points, 18 rebounds and three assists in the Boilermakers’ 77-70 win over Iowa Dec. 3 at Purdue. He was a first-team All-Big Ten player last season.
6. Eight of the 10 players in Purdue’s rotation are from Indiana.