116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
What: Portland State (2-2) at Iowa (5-0)
When and where: Tuesday, 6:01 p.m., Carver-Hawkeye Arena
Streaming: B1G Network Plus (subscription, Matt Menzl/Jay Wilson)
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Series: First meeting
Five things to know:
1. Iowa closes its stretch of six straight home games to start the season with Portland State, a member of the Big Sky Conference. The Vikings lost to Oregon State, beat Evergreen State and George Fox, then lost Tuesday to Portland, 69-54, after shooting 31.5 percent from the field.
2. Iowa is averaging a nation-high 99.6 points per game, having outscored its foes by an average of 31.2 points.
3. Hawkeye forward Keegan Murray is averaging 26.2 points per game. He is the first major-conference player to score at least 24 points in each of his first five games since Michael Beasley of Kansas State in 2007-08.
4. Through Tuesday, Iowa was sixth in the nation in free throw-shooting, having made 104 of 124 for 83.9 percent.
5. With Gary Dolphin in Nebraska to call Iowa’s football game Friday, Jon Swisher will handle Hawkeye radio play-by-play for this game. Swisher is the sports director at KMCH-FM in Manchester.