116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
What: No. 2-seed Iowa (21-8) vs. No. 15-seed Grand Canyon (17-6) in an NCAA men's basketball tournament first-round game
When/where: Saturday, 5:25 p.m. (CT), Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Indianapolis
TV: TBS (Brad Nessler, Steve Lavin, Evan Washburn)
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network, including WMT-AM (600) and KXIC-AM (800). (Gary Dolphin, Bob Hansen)
Satellite Radio: XM 203/Sirius 136
Series: First meeting
Line: Iowa by 14
Hawkeyes data: Iowa is 30-28 in NCAA tournament games. It is 0-3 in NCAA tourney games in Indianapolis, having lost a national semifinal and third-place game in 1980, and a first-round game to Cincinnati in 2005.
• This is the Hawkeyes' first game against Grand Canyon. Iowa is 11-0 against current members of the Western Athletic Conference.
• Entering the tournament, Hawkeye center Luka Garza led the nation in field goals (258) and points (687) and was tied for seventh in made free throws (134). Connor McCaffery is second in assist-to-turnover ratio, and Jordan Bohannon is 11th. Iowa leads the nation in that category and in assists per game (19.1). It also was fourth in fewest turnovers per game (9.5) and sixth in points per game (83.8).
• Fran McCaffery's Iowa teams are 3-0 and Iowa is 18-7 in NCAA first-round games.
• No. 2-seeds are 133-9 against No. 15-seeds entering Saturday. One of the losers was Ohio State, Friday against Oral Roberts. Before that, the last No. 15 to lose was also a Big Ten team, Michigan State against Middle Tennessee State in 2016.
Antelopes data: This is the first NCAA Division I tournament in the three years Grand Canyon has had the chance to be eligible for it. GCU won NAIA national championships in 1975 and 1978 and reached the NCAA Division II tournament 10 times.
• Bryce Drew is in his first season as the Antelopes' coach. He guided Valparaiso to two NCAA tourneys in his five seasons as its head coach, and got Vanderbilt into one NCAA in his three seasons there.
• The Lopes are led in scoring (14.0 points per game) and rebounding (9.9) by 7-foot, 270-pound senior Asbjorn Midtgaard. Alessandro Lever, a 6-10 senior, averages 13.3 points.
• GCU is second in the nation in field goal defense at .376, trailing only Houston. It is fifth in rebound margin at +9.7.
• Guard Jovan Blacksher Jr. averages 5.3 assists and had 19 points in the Lopes' WAC title-game win over New Mexico State.
• Entering the NCAA tourney, GCU was 108th in the KenPom.com ratings.
• Grand Canyon University is located over 225 miles from the Grand Canyon.
Iowa's next game: If the Hawkeyes win, they'll play the victor of Saturday night's VCU-Oregon game Monday in Indianapolis at a time and site to be determined.