116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
What: No. 24 Iowa (24-9) vs. No. 9 Purdue (27-6) in the Big Ten men’s basketball tournament championship
When/where: Sunday, 2:30 p.m. (CT), Gainbridge Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
TV: CBS (Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery, Grant Hill, Tracy Wolfson)
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Series: Purdue leads, 94-77
NET rankings: Purdue is 11th, Iowa 14th
Line: Purdue by 2.5
Bracketology: As of Sunday morning, ESPN’s Joe Lunardi had Iowa as a No. 5 seed and playing No. 12 South Dakota State. Which would be interesting because the Jackrabbits are 30-4, have a 21-game winning streak, and have four Iowans on their roster.
1. No. 5-seed Iowa got to the championship game by defeating Indiana Saturday, 80-77. No. 3-seed Purdue beat Michigan State 75-70 Saturday to become the Hawkeyes’ Sunday opponent.
2. Purdue won both games against Iowa this season. With Keegan Murray out with an ankle issue, the Hawkeyes lost 77-70 at Purdue on Dec. 3. The Boilermakers won 83-73 at Iowa on Jan. 27 when they shot 61.2 percent from the field. Purdue center Trevion Williams had 28 rebounds over the two games.
3. These are the Big Ten’s two highest-scoring teams.
4. A win would give Iowa its first Big Ten tourney title since 2006. Purdue’s last such championship was in 2009.
5. The Hawkeyes are seeking to become the fourth team to win four games in capturing the tourney title. The others were Iowa in 2001, and Michigan in 2017 and 2018.
6. Iowa’s Keegan Murray needs nine points to break the tournament record of 92 points, set last year by Duane Washington Jr., of Ohio State. Murray averages 23.4 points, fourth-best in the nation and tops among major-conference teams.
7. Iowa has 25 wins for the third time in its history, and for the second time before the NCAA tournament started.
8. The Hawkeyes are 1-5 against ranked teams. Purdue is 5-2.
9. Purdue 6-foot-10, 255-pound center Trevion Williams averaged 12.5 points, 14 rebounds and 4 assists in his two games against Iowa despite not starting either game.
10. Iowa has made 40 3-pointers in the tournament, topping Ohio State’s tourney-record 35 that it set last year.