116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
What: Illinois (6-2, 1-0 Big Ten) at Iowa (7-1, 0-1)
When and where: Monday, 6:01 p.m., Carver-Hawkeye Arena
TV: FS1 (Kevin Kugler, Stephen Bardo)
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Series: Illinois leads, 88-76
Five things to know:
1. Illinois has won its last three games against the Hawkeyes, the latest an 82-71 victory in the Big Ten tournament semifinals.
2. Illini junior center Kofi Cockburn was the preseason Big Ten Player of the Year. He had 15 rebounds in 27 minutes in his team’s 86-51 win over Rutgers Friday.
3. The Hawkeyes committed a total of 13 turnovers in their games at Virginia and Purdue last week and are averaging just 8.4 per game. Through Friday, Iowa was fifth in the nation in turnover margin and second only to Northwestern in assist-to-turnover ratio.
4. Patrick McCaffery, Josh Ogundele and Tony Perkins all had career-highs in minutes Friday in Iowa’s 77-70 loss at Purdue. They combined for 36 points.
5. With Keegan Murray missing the Purdue game, only six Hawkeyes have played in all eight games.